Money starts flowing for Trump on TV but Clinton way ahead
Pro-Donald Trump ads are starting to show up in Florida but Hillary Clinton and allies continue to blow past him, new figures show.
Trump has gotten about $1.6 million in support, largely from the Rick Scott-led super PAC Rebuilding America Now. That's up sharply from the $300,000 NBC News reported last week.
Clinton and allies have spent nearly $21.7 million, but have little to show for it other than a fresh poll showing a toss-up in Florida.
From NBC, the Top 10 advertising markets:
1. Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, FL: $8.1 million
2. Tampa-St. Pete-Sarasota, FL: $7.6 million
3. Cleveland-Akron, OH: $6.2 million
4. Las Vegas, NV: $5.2 million
5. Columbus, OH: $4.2 million
6. Denver, CO: $4.0 million
7. Charlotte, NC: $3.7 million
8. West Palm Beach-Ft, Pierce, FL: $3.4 million
9. Boston, MA (NH market): $2.9 million
10. Raleigh-Durham, NC: $2.6 million