Orlando lobbyist Fred Leonhardt died from inhaling drug
From the Associated Press:
ORLANDO - An autopsy report shows that a prominent Florida lobbyist and lawyer died last year after inhaling a drug similar to poppers.
The autopsy report released Wednesday said that 65-year-old Fred Leonhardt died last October from ethyl chloride intoxication.
The recreational inhalant drug is used in manufacturing to make dyes and chemicals, but it can also be used as a topical anesthetic to relieve bug bites and burns.
The autopsy report ruled the death an accident.
Leonhardt was a shareholder at the GrayRobinson law firm in Orlando, and he was active in Republican fundraising. He had served as a board member of Enterprise Florida and was chair of the Florida Chamber of Commerce from 2003 to 2004.