Rubio in New Hampshire asked about missed votes, defense waste, Syrian refugees
Marco Rubio held a town hall today in Derry, N.H. Here's how it played out (tweets via @learyreports)
- In N.H., @marcorubio talks of changing Medicare and SS ... may have to retire year later or get care thru private companies.
- "A welder makes more than a philosopher," @marcorubio says in Derry, making call for more vocational edu.
- "Cutting defense spending has never worked," @marcorubio tells a N.H. voter, though he agreed waste should be addressed.
- After taking of defense spending, voter asks @marcorubio why he missed a vote on that last week. Because running for prez, Rubio replies.
- .@marcorubio says it may not be possible to "vet" refugees from Syria.
- .@marcorubio says believes in wind, solar, bio but also "oil and gas," and that to curb latter would "emasculate economy."
- @marcorubio accuses Supreme Court justices of "manipulating" Constitution to get desired outcome.
- Woman at Derry town hall shows @marcorubio a photo of him from 2012. "I think I was a little leaner then," he says.