Mostly Cloudy85° FULL FORECASTMostly Cloudy85° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page
Instagram

The Buzz

From the staff of the Tampa Bay Times

Trump and Bush continue fight over 9/11

19

October

Donald Trump brings his campaign to Florida this week and that means he’ll likely use the news coverage to step up attacks on Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush.

Trump has been goading both Floridians on Twitter, at rallies and in interviews. His latest is that George W. Bush is responsible for 9/11.

"How pathetic for @realDonaldTrump to criticize the president for 9/11. We were attacked & my brother kept us safe,” Bush wrote on Twitter last week after Trump leveled the criticism. Bush's campaign then released a video saying Trump is not prepared for the presidency.

Trump kept it up on Monday. Appearing on Fox & Friends, he said: "If you look at it, Jeb, during the debate, said 'my brother kept us safe,' and I said to myself I didn’t want to embarrass him that night, but I said to myself, well wait a minute, he kept us safe? We lost the World Trade Center on Sept. 11."

And on Twitter: “Jeb is fighting to defend a catastrophic event. I am fighting to make sure it doesn't happen again. Jeb is too soft-we need tougher & sharper.”

On CNN Sunday, Bush said his brother had united the country in a crisis. But host Jake Tapper asked Bush how he squares dismissing questions about W’s responsibility while saying Hillary Clinton and President Obama are responsible for Benghazi.

“Well, I -- it's -- the question on then Benghazi, which is -- hopefully we'll now finally get the truth to, is, was that -- was the -- was the place secure? They had a responsibility, the Department of State, to have proper security,” Bush replied.


[Last modified: Monday, October 19, 2015 2:37pm]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...