The Rays' Luke Scott has super strong opinions
1. Obamacare "needs to be taken and thrown into muriatic acid and just absolutely disintegrated and never spoken of again. Like it would be blasphemy to even mention it. We can't afford it. It's not right. It's the unaccountability thing, where people can smoke cigarettes and be lazy and be unhealthy, and then you and I have to pay for their health care bills. No, I'm sorry, it shouldn't work that way. … This bill is another thing that helps people avoid accountability and responsibility and puts the burden on those that are doing things the right way, which is evil. E-V-I-L."
2. "I'm against abortion. Even the scientists say when sperm and egg come together, there's a life. So whenever you take away a life, it's called murder. It's wrong. … If it's a case of rape, that person goes in and takes a morning-after pill or some kind of drug, a contraceptive."
3. "English is the dominant language here. This is the language that we speak. It should be mandatory. If you don't want to, then by all means you don't have to — but good luck trying to get by with someone that doesn't speak your language."
4. "Here's a message to those who are socialists and are communists — go live somewhere else. GET OUT! We don't do that here. Go to Russia. Go to Cuba. Go to China."
5. "I haven't paid a whole lot of attention, but I like the fact that he's chosen this Ryan guy."