Stuck on a bus!
My eight favorite parts of Mike Van Sickler's story about the Florida delegates' Tuesday transportation misadventures:
1. "Well, that sucks," said Hillsborough County GOP chairman Art Wood, wiping sweat from his brow. It was 90 degrees out. "I guess it won't be the first glitch." It was not.
2. Passengers exchanged puzzled looks as the bus kept driving, farther and farther away from the Times Forum. Minutes later, the building vanished from view and the bus was turning back onto Kennedy Boulevard.
3. For five minutes, the bus tried unsuccessfully to squeeze between the tent and the street curb.
4. "Who's in charge, Art?"
5. Once again, the bus turned onto Kennedy, prompting one delegate to consider something drastic. "I'm about to storm off this bus," he said. Others agreed.
6. Minutes later, passengers began shouting at the driver, Davis, with heated suggestions. "Stop the bus and let us out!" one shouted.
7. As the bus did another loop, a couple of delegates pounded the windows when they spotted pedestrians. "Let us out of here!" they shouted.
8. "The driver must be a Democrat."