Who's hot this week in the world of sports ...
1. USF Bulls. Friday night'ss game didn't even matter. The Bulls already were on the college football map.
2. Scott Kazmir. D-Rays lefty likely will win strikeout crown despite limited pitching down the stretch.
3. New York Yankees. Four months ago, they were dead in the water. Now, they might be World Series favorites.
4. Tampa Bay Bucs. Okay, they haven't beaten anyone good, but at least they're hammering teams good teams are supposed hammer.
5. Prince Fielder. The sweet swinging lefty continues to set the single-season homer record for the Brewers.
6. Carlos Pena. The sweet swinging lefty continues to set the single-season homer record for the Rays.
7. Milton Bradley. Padres outfielder was so hot, he’ll miss the season with a wrecked knee after being restrained by his manager from going after an umpire.
8. Delmon Young. He likely won't win it, but he should be the AL rookie of the year.
9. Cleveland Indians. Win AL Central for first time since 2001, and with that pitching is dangerous in a best-of-five playoff.
10. U.S. Davis Cup team. Not that anyone noticed, but it moved into the final, which it hosts Nov. 30-Dec. 3 against Russia.
Who's not hot this week in the world of sports ...
1. Greg Ryan. U.S. women's World Cup coach goes stupid overnight and benches his starting goalie before 4-nil loss in semis to Brazil.
2. Brianna Scurry. Hero of 1999 World Cup suddenly forgets how to play goal in loss to Brazil.
3. Hope Solo. Sure, she should've started against Brazil, but then to pop off by saying she would've made all the saves? That's some classy team player.
4. Pennant chokers. Biggest time of the year and the Brewers, Mets and Cubs decide to go into the tank. That's clutch, baby.
5. Steve Downie. Trying to make Flyers roster, he cheap-shots classy vet Dean McAmmond of Ottawa and now McAmmond is out with a concussion.
6. Florida State. Some 23 student-athletes might have cheated on tests. Disgusting.
7. Michael Vick. Now comes word that banished Falcons QB fails drug test. Way to start turning your life around, Mike.
8. Dan Boyle. His house nearly burned down a few years ago, now a skate falls from the sky and slices his arm. Talk about bad karma.
9. Mike Winters. Major-league ump apparently deserved to be suspended after shooting off his expletive-filled mouth in an argument with San Diego's Milton Bradley.
10. Pittsburgh Pirates. Ah, my beloved Pirates. Another losing season — the 15th in a row since Barry Bonds left after 1992 season.