Who's hot this week in the world of sports ...
1. Vinny. You got Lecavalier, Prospal and Testaverde. Take your pick.
2. Frank Wren. St. Pete native gets Braves GM job. Geez, talk about having to live up to a high standard.
3. USF football. Say what you want about FAU game. Bulls are still undefeated.
4. Jeff Gordon. Look who's atop the Chase, Little E fans.
5. Stan Heath. The USF coach kicks off his tenure with practice. Uh, that might be the highlight of his first couple of seasons.
6. Colorado Rockies. Gotta love a team with the 26th-highest payroll making a run at the World Series.
7. Dave Martinez. All-around good guy gets job as Rays bench coach.
8. Don Zimmer. Rays senior adviser Don Zimmer will be back for 60th season in an MLB uniform.
9. Red Sox Nation. Even if Sox lose to Indians, they still got farther than the Yankees.
10. Dave Reutimann. Zephyrhills' Nextel Cup rookie gets ride for next season by re-signing with Michael Waltrip Racing.
Who's not hot this week in the world of sports ...
1. Joe Torre. About to lose his job as Yankees manager and that would be New York's loss.
2. George Gipp. Geez, let the guy rest in peace.
3. Matt Leinart. Cards QB is out for season and, somewhere, Kurt Warner's wife is smiling.
4. Mack Strong. Our favorite NFL name has to retire because of injury.
5. Jake Delhomme. Panthers QB out for season. Bad for Carolina. Good for Tampa Bay.
6. Tim Tebow. Still waiting for a signature fourth-quarter comeback drive from Gators QB.
7. Michael Pittman. Just what the Bucs needed — another injured running back.
8. Erasmus James. Vikings player is hurt in a fight ... with a teammate!
9. Joey Porter. Guys on 0-5 football teams should not be talking smack.
10. Diamondbacks fans. First, they barely fill the stadium and some of those who do act like jerks by throwing stuff on the field.