Who’s hot this week in the world of sports
1. USF. Biggest win in school history might land Bulls in Top 25 by next week.
2. Rocco Baldelli. Close to being healthy for a couple of hours in a row.
3. Roger Federer. Another U.S. Open championship.
4. Justine Henin. Another U.S. Open championship.
5. Notre Dame/Michigan. After three weeks, whoever wins finally will be hot.
6. Sidney Crosby. Pens superstar delivers season tickets to people’s homes. Isn’t that cool?
7. Kevin Everett. Thank goodness the injured Bills player might actually walk again.
8. Dario Franchitti. Wins IndyCar race in what could be his final turn before joining NASCAR next year.
9. Tim Tebow. The new Gators QB is off to a rockin’ start.
10. Hockey fans. Training camp is under way!
Who’s not hot this week in the world of sports:
1. Bill Belichick. Cheating scandal another reason not to like this sourpuss.
2. Greg Oden. NBA career (and knee) slips off track before it even starts.
3. McLaren Racing. F1 racing team fined $100-million for spying.
4. Devil Rays bullpen. No lead is too big for this group to blow.
5. Notre Dame/Michigan. Loser of this game is really not hot.
6. David Boston. So much talent. So much waste of that talent.
7. Florida State. When you’re giddy about beating UAB, something is wrong.
8. The Bucs. Seriously, based on Sunday’s performance, can this team win five games?
9. Minnesota Twins. GM Terry Ryan, one of baseball’s “good guys,’’ resigns.
10. NFL. Michael Vick. Player arrests. Steroids. Bill Belichick cheating. Man, it hasn’t been a good year.