Special guest Marc Topkin gives us his five best baseball towns
This weekend, the Rays make their first-ever visit to St. Louis, which many claim is the best baseball town in the country. So Two Cents decided to bring a special guest who knows a thing or two about baseball towns. I might be a little biased, but I don't think you're going to find a better baseball writer around than the St. Pete Times' Marc Topkin, who has covered baseball since 1987. So Marc gives us his five best baseball towns. Take it away, Marc:
1. St. Louis: A college football atmosphere around the diamond.
2. Boston: Everyone's into the Sox, though some do it for show.
3. New York: The fans know a lot about the game; just ask them.
4. Baltimore: That's why it's so sad to see what's happening now.
5. Cincinnati: Traditionally among the best; but what's up with that chili?