7 Tampa Bay, 27 Florida businesses make Inc. 500 ranks of fastest growing private companies
Florida can proudly lay claim to the No. 1 fastest-growing private company on the new Inc. 500 annual ranking, just out online and in the September issue of Inc. magazine. The winner? Miami’s Northern Capital Insurance, a homeowners insurance start-up founded in the wake of so many hurricane-wary, departing insurance companies. Northern Capital’s three-year growth in revenues: A whopping 19,812 percent. In Florida, 27 businesses made the Inc. 500. A full Florida listing of the Inc. 500 and the Inc. 5,000 (it's a looong list) here.
Here are the seven who made it from the Tampa Bay area.
* National Rank: 7. Freedom Health, Tampa. 231 employees. 10,035% growth rate. Administrator of Medicare/Medicaid benefits
* National Rank:156. College Hunks Hauling Junk, Tampa. 75 employees. 1,179% growth rate. Junk hauling franchises, with flair.
* National Rank: 199. eMason, Clearwater. 27 employees. 1,010% growth rate. Develops process improvement software.
* National Rank: 225. Celestar Corp., Tampa. 68 employees. 933% growth rate. Ex-military consulting services.
* National Rank: 373. Triad Digital Media, Tampa. 155 employees. 677% growth rate. Online ads for retailers.
* National Rank: 418. Ignite Media Solutions, Oldsmar. 68 employees. 618% growth rate. Advertising/marketing.
* National Rank: 429. Sensible Micro Corp., Odessa. 18 employees. 608% growth rate. Computer parts distributor.
Congratulations to these high fliers.
-- Robert Trigaux, Times Business Columnist