OVERALL JOB RESPONSIBILITY: Overall job responsibility is the development, service and administration of advertising accounts within team’s assigned category and geographic boundaries. Sales development & service will be accomplished through incoming and outbound telephone calls. Emphasis will be on providing outstanding customer service by determining client needs & working with team members to find customer driven solutions thereby building revenue & achieving plan. The administration of accounts will be accomplished by assisting the outside sales staff with planning, organizing, prioritizing & executing work flow to meet team goals and deadlines.
1. Through the use of strategic planning, achieve individual and team revenue goals.
2. Develop and service customers over the phone.
3. Able to quote rates & has working knowledge of customers’ rate structures & programs.
4. Utilize internal resources such as Research and available software programs & websites to develop customer presentations for increased team revenue.
5. Research and generate new business leads for the team.
6. Track competitive media activity & request market share information from Research Department. Consistently work with Research to provide Sales with current research & data for use in the sales process.
7. Understand and enforce all advertising, credit, and company guidelines. Research and troubleshoot billing issues for the team. Negotiate credits to mutual satisfaction of the company and the customer.
8. Share responsibility with other Sales Associates to handle all incoming calls in a professional manner.
9. Complete new customer setup form, when applicable, for processing by the Credit Dept. staff. 10. Receive and prepare work orders for processing by the Ad Order Entry staff.
11. Process ads for team, provide layouts as needed or requested by outside sales reps, submit spec requests & display orders via the Work Flow Coordinator, forward PDF proofs to clients, call customers for proof corrections & make corrections via computer system. Troubleshoot production issues through the Work Flow Coordinator for the team.
12. Coordinates & handles internal workflow & troubleshooting on direct mail, web advertising & promotions/events sold by the team.
13. Handle administrative functions, including but not limited to: coordinating sales call appointments, typing business letters, compiling media kits, creating power point sales presentations, pulling revenue numbers & applicable reports for the team, coordinating mailings, processing monthly co-op memo bills & calling Manufactures for co-op pre-approval on display ads.
14. Respond to requests from management in a timely, accurate fashion.
15. Able to manage priorities set forth by the sales reps on a daily basis.
16. Complete all duties assigned in a timely fashion and within assigned deadlines.
17. May be required to work over-time hours occasionally to meet deadlines or finalize important projects on a pre-approved basis.
18. Meet all advertising and production deadlines.
19. Handle accounts, as assigned to the Sales Associate by the Sales Manager, over the telephone.
20. May serve as backup for other territories or offices as assigned by Sales Manager.
21. Other job duties or responsibilities may be assigned by the Sales Manager.