GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assist Territory Manager with day to day action items. Orientate Independent Contractors with the Distribution Center and equipment. Works with Independent Contractors (IC), staff, and public with the highest levels of integrity, respect, and urgency.
| TITLE: Single Copy Merchandiser||FLSA STATUS:(N OR E) N|
| DEPARTMENT: Single Copy/Consumer Marketing|| |
|REPORTS TO: Territory Manager||NUMBER SUPERVISED: 0|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (List duties, which must be performed by every person in this job, these are the duties for which the job exists.)
1. Visit retail establishments to update point of purchase signage and maintain display.
2. Work with individual retail location manager/owner on placement and possible promotions to increase sales.
3. Identify and secure new retail locations and possible rack locations.
4. Deliver open distribution areas as needed.
5. Be able to repair and explain to other how to repair Single Copy equipment such as newsracks.
6. Pick up or drop off equipment in field or other places as needed.
7. Market Tours.
8. Seeks out and communicates competitive activity in a timely manner to assist in achieving goals.
9. Complete special assignments as needed or required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: (Include education and physical abilities as well as knowledge.)
1. Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to interact effectively with members of their team, ICs, and others in a collaborative environment.
2. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Utilization of effective time management practices to handle multiple tasks successfully.
4. Effective ability to influence.
5. Strong leadership skills.
6. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Times contract with independent contractors for the purpose of communication, negotiations, compliance and contract management.
7. Competent in math and analytical skills.
8. Must be able to safely perform all physical and lifting aspects of position, such as ability to safety and repeatedly push and pull carts, repeatedly lift newspaper bundles up to 50 lbs, newsracks, other physical movements.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION-MAKING REQUIRED: (Give examples if necessary for clarification.)
1. Requires hands-on problem solving. Both people and operational problems must be handled on a daily basis.
2. Judgement in resolving problems may require the application and enforcement of departmental policies and practices, and / or the interpretation of appropriate contract language.
3. Effective communications and interaction with other departments to achieve creative collaborative solutions.
WORKING CONDITIONS: (check all that apply)
_X Works irregular hours or hours outside of normal office hours.
_X Usual office environment.
_X Plant, exposed to noise, dirt and/or heavy machinery.
_X Requires travel as regular part of job.
_X Frequently outdoors, exposed to heat, cold, rain and wind.