St. Petersburg's second annual SunLit Festival starts Friday and continues through March 13. Here are highlights of this week's events; for a complete list go to sunlitfestival.blogspot.com or facebook.com/SunLitFestival. All events take place in St. Petersburg.
• Sunday: Citywide Read and Write-in, free, 2-4 p.m., North Straub Park. Bring picnic blankets, favorite books or note pads, but leave the Kindles and smartphones at home.
• Monday: Raise Your Voice: Protest Literature, free, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum, 2240 Ninth Ave. S. Readings, discussion and a workshop.
• Tuesday: Fiction Live, $10 in advance or $12 at the door, 7 p.m., Studio@620, 620 First Ave. S. Wordier Than Thou presents an event that teams authors with actors who bring their short stories to life.
• March 9: SunLit Pub Crawl, free, 6-10 p.m., venues to be announced. SunLit brings literature to bars, coffee shops and restaurants in downtown St. Petersburg in a moveable literary feast. Readers include local authors Don Bruns, Lee Irby, Lori Roy and Sterling Watson.
• March 11-March 13: Florida Antiquarian Book Fair, $10 on Friday for all weekend or $6 per day, 5-9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. March 13, the Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave. N. Now in its 34th year, this is the largest antiquarian book fair south of New York City, with more than 100 dealers from across the United States.
Local author Cheryl Hollon (Shards of Murder) will sign her mystery at 2 p.m. Sunday at Haslam's Book Store, 2025 Central Ave., St. Petersburg.
The Cathedral Church of St. Peter book series presents Gelareh Asayesh (The Silk Tree) reading from her forthcoming novel set in contemporary Iran at noon Tuesday at the church, 140 Fourth St. N, St. Petersburg. Free; lunch available.
Lynda Lippman-Lockhart (The Laundry Room) will discuss her historical novel set in 1940s Palestine at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Rodelph Shalom Synagogue, 2713 Bayshore Blvd., Tampa.
To place an item in Book Talk, send author's name, book title, appearance time, date, venue name and address, admission cost (if any) and a contact phone number to email@example.com (with "Book Talk" in subject line) or Colette Bancroft, Tampa Bay Times, P.O. Box 1121, St. Petersburg, FL 33731. Deadline is 14 days before publication.