The Writers in Paradise Evening Reading Series at Eckerd College presents a week of free public readings by its conference authors. Each reading is preceded by a wine and cheese reception in the Miller Auditorium lobby at 7:30 p.m. and followed by author signings, with books available for purchase. All readings take place at 8 p.m. in Miller Auditorium on the Eckerd campus, 4200 54th Ave. S, St. Petersburg. Information: writersinparadise.eckerd.edu or (727) 864-7994.
• Tonight: Dennis Lehane (Live by Night) and Andre Dubus III (Dirty Love)
• Monday: Jon Chopan (Pulled From the River) and Les Standiford (Desperate Sons)
• Tuesday: Laura Williams McCaffrey (Water Shaper) and Peter Meinke (Truth and Affection)
• Thursday: Stewart O'Nan (The Odds: A Love Story) and Lori Roy (Until She Comes Home)
• Friday: Ann Hood (The Obituary Writer) and Sterling Watson (Fighting in the Shade)
• Saturday: Laura Lippman (And When She Was Good) and Attica Locke (The Cutting Season)
Helaine Mario (Firebird) will discuss and sign her novel at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Selby Public Library, 1331 First St., Sarasota.
East Lake Community Library's Author Showcase presents Cynthia Sandor (Through Innocent Eyes: The Chosen Girls of the Hitler Youth) discussing and signing her biography of her mother at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the library, 4125 East Lake Road, Palm Harbor.
Tim Federle will discuss and sign his children's book Five, Six, Seven, Nate! and his cookbook Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails With a Literary Twist at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Inkwood Books, 216 S Armenia Ave., Tampa. After-party at Anise Global Gastro Bar, 777 N Ashley Drive, Tampa.
Patricia Averbach (Painting Bridges) will discuss and sign her novel at 6 p.m. Thursday at Bookstore1Sarasota, 1359 Main St., Sarasota.
Artis Henderson (Unremarried Widow) will discuss and sign her memoir at 7 p.m. Thursday at Inkwood Books.
Greg Masse (And Then Came Peace) will sign his novel at 3 p.m. Saturday at Haslam's Book Store, 2025 Central Ave., St. Petersburg.
To place an item in Book Talk, send author's name, book title, appearance time, date, venue name and address, admission cost (if any) and a contact phone number to email@example.com (with "Book Talk" in subject line) or Colette Bancroft, Tampa Bay Times, P.O. Box 1121, St. Petersburg, FL 33731. Deadline is 14 days before publication.