The Tampa Jewish Community Center's 2010 Jewish Book Festival continues through Nov. 15. Reservations recommended. Tickets: (813) 769-4725 or jewishtampa.com.
• Mark Jacobson (The Lampshade: A Holocaust Detective Story From Buchenwald to New Orleans) will discuss his nonfiction book at 7 p.m. Monday at the Jewish Community Center, 13009 Community Campus Drive, Tampa. Tickets are $3.
• David Kushner (Levittown: Two Families, One Tycoon and the Fight for Civil Rights in America's Legendary Suburb) will discuss his book at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Congregation Rodeph Sholom, 2713 Bayshore Blvd., Tampa. Tickets are $3.
• Carey Goldberg (Three Wishes: A True Story of Good Friends, Crushing Heartbreak and Astonishing Luck on Our Way to Love and Motherhood) will discuss her memoir at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Hillel School of Tampa, 2020 W Fletcher Ave., with a reception afterward at Congregation Beth Am, 2030 W Fletcher Ave., Tampa. Tickets are $3.
• "Miss Manners" columnist Judith Martin (Miss Manners' Guide to a Surprisingly Dignified Wedding) will discuss her book at a brunch at 11 a.m. Nov. 14 at Congregation Rodeph Sholom, 2713 Bayshore Blvd., Tampa. Tickets are $20.
• Peter Lovenheim (In the Neighborhood: The Search for Community on an American Street, One Sleepover at a Time) will discuss his memoir at 7 p.m. Nov. 15 at the Westin Hotel, 7627 Courtney Campbell Causeway, Tampa. Tickets are $3.
St. Petersburg Times food editor Janet K. Keeler (Cookielicious: 150 Fabulous Recipes to Bake & Share) will sign her cookbook from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday at the Book Swap, 13144 N Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, and 1 to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 14 at Barnes & Noble, Sunset Point at U.S. 19, Clearwater.
William Heffernan (The Dead Detective) will sign his thriller, set in the Tampa Bay area, at 3 p.m. Saturday at Haslam's Book Store, 2025 Central Ave., St. Petersburg.
To place an item in Book Talk, send author's name, book title, appearance time, date, venue name and address, admission cost (if any) and a contact phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org or Colette Bancroft, St. Petersburg Times, P.O. Box 1121, St. Petersburg, FL 33731. The deadline is 14 days before publication.