The Writers in Paradise Reading Series continues through Saturday. All readings will take place in Miller Auditorium on the Eckerd College campus, 4200 54th Ave. S, St. Petersburg. Each event begins with a reception and book sale at 7:30 p.m., followed by the reading at 8, with author signings immediately after. All readings are free and open to the public. No tickets or reservations are required.
• Today: Laura Lippman (Hush, Hush) and Sterling Watson (Suitcase City)
• Monday: Ann Hood (An Italian Wife) and Les Standiford (Water to the Angels: William Mulholland, His Monumental Aqueduct and the Rise of Los Angeles)
• Tuesday: Scott Ward (Crucial Beauty), Aimee Nezhukumatathil (Lace & Pyre) and Campbell McGrath (In the Kingdom of the Sea Monkeys)
• Thursday: Laura Williams McCaffrey (Water Shaper) and Peter Meinke (Lucky Bones)
• Friday: Stewart O'Nan (West of Sunset) and Andre Dubus III (Townie)
• Saturday: Dennis Lehane (World Gone By)
Laura T. Coffey (My Old Dog: Rescued Pets With Remarkable Second Acts) will discuss and sign her book at 2 p.m. today at Barnes & Noble Clearwater, 23654 U.S. 19 N.
Joseph DeMark (The Ethos Syndrome) will discuss and sign his mystery novel at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Clearwater East Public Library, 2251 Drew St.
Award-winning poet Carolyn Forché (Blue Hour) will read from her work at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Student Community Center Greenfelder-Denlinger Boardrooms, Saint Leo University, 33701 State Road 52, St. Leo.
To place an item in Book Talk, send author's name, book title, appearance time, date, venue name and address, admission cost (if any) and a contact phone number to [email protected] (with "Book Talk" in subject line) or Colette Bancroft, Tampa Bay Times, P.O. Box 1121, St. Petersburg, FL 33731. Deadline is 14 days before publication.