a little fruit of the vine
The Florida Estates Wine Festival is 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the winery, 25241 State Road 52, Land O'Lakes. Vendors, wine sampling and live music by Duke Zucco. For information, call (813) 996-2113 or visit www.floridaestateswines.com.
• The musical Hairspray continues matinees and evenings through Feb. 26 at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. For adults, dinner and show $49.50, show only $38.45 plus tax and tip; for ages 12 and younger, $24.95 and $19.95. (727) 863-7949 in west Pasco; toll-free elsewhere at 1-888-655-7469.
• The award-winning drama Proof, about who should get credit for solving an important mathematical challenge, will be presented today through Sunday and Feb. 17-19 at the Forum at Stage West Community Playhouse, 8390 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. Shows are at 8 p.m., except Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10, reserved seating. Call (352) 683-5113.
• "The Painter of Women" by Melanie Feldman continues through Feb. 16 in the Pasco-Hernando Community College art gallery in the Pottberg Library building on the PHCC New Port Richey campus, 10230 Ridge Road. Call (727) 816-3231.
• "New Port Richey and Beyond in Pasco County" runs Saturday through Feb. 25 at the West Pasco Art Guild and Gallery, 6202 Jefferson St., New Port Richey. Opening afternoon tea will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday. For information and hours, call (727) 841-7732 or visit www.westpascoartguild.org.
• The Withlacoochee Living History Primitive Art Festival will be held next weekend at Withlacoochee River Park, 12449 Withlacoochee Blvd., Dade City. Period demonstrations, encampments, fur traders, craftsmen and artifacts date to the 1800s. Food and beverages available. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 17-18 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb 19. $2 per person or $5 per car. Children 12 and under are free.
• Irish folk music group ShaeLaurel perform at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Hernando Performing Arts Center, 700 Bell Ave., Brooksville. $25, reserved seating. Call (352) 799-5577 or visit www.hpag.org.
• Gilbert and Sullivan Players perform the operetta Thespis, or, the Gods Grown Old at 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St. $20 for members, $17 for students. Call (727) 942-5605.
• John Timpanelli Supper Club presents the concert versions of Fiddler on the Roof and South Pacific at 7 p.m. Feb. 17, 3 p.m. Feb. 19 and noon Feb. 21 at the Quality Inn and Suites, 5316 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Dinner and Show is $30 with tax and gratuity included; show only is $15. Reservations only. Call (727) 379-6557 or (727) 326-2374
• The New Port Richey Library hosts a lecture, "The Haitian Revolution and the Rise of American Music," at 6 p.m. Feb. 17 at the library, 5939 Main St. Some period music is performed but this is primarily a philosophical and historical lecture. Free. Visit www.nprlibrary.org.
• Witness history come alive at the sixth annual Bivouac and Barracks event, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 17-18 and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 19 at the Zephyrhills Barracks Museum, 39444 South Ave. Free.
• Bird Walk, 8 a.m. Feb. 18 at Jumping Gully Preserve, 18812 Fishburne Drive, Spring Hill. Join experts from the West Pasco Audubon Society in searching for wading birds, warblers and hawks.
Send events to Arleen Spenceley, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey 34668 or email [email protected]. Submit items at least two weeks in advance.