Fireworks, food and patriotic festivities are on tap this weekend as Pasco County celebrates the Fourth of July. The lineup of events includes:
• The Angelus second annual Family, Fun and Fireworks Extravaganza, Saturday, 12413 Hudson Ave. Hudson. Gates open at noon. Entertainment by Wiley Fox, N Kahootz and Jo Dell. Music starts at 4 p.m. Fireworks at 9 p.m. There will be food, beverages and kids' games. No coolers or personal fireworks. Cost is $5 per carload. Proceeds benefit the Angelus.
• Aripeka Elks Lodge 2520 Independence Day Celebration, Saturday, 9135 Denton Ave., Hudson. Music with Jim and Jim is from 3 to 7 p.m., and karaoke with Annie starts at 7 p.m. Dinner at 4 p.m. Tickets are $8 at the bar and the door. Call (727) 863-2520.
• VFW Post 8681 Independence Day Celebration, Sunday, 18940 Drayton St., at County Line Road, Shady Hills. A ceremony at 11 a.m. will be followed by a pig roast from noon to 4 p.m. Music provided by Short Notice from 1 to 5 p.m. Tickets are $6.50. Call (727) 856-1860.
• Sparklebration: Gates open at 4 p.m. Sunday at the Pasco County Fairgrounds, 36722 State Road 52 (7 miles east of Interstate 75) in Dade City. The event, which drew 7,000 people last year, features watermelon- and hot dog-eating contests, pony rides and fireworks.
Entertainment includes performances inside Dan Cannon Auditorium by Amazing Animals Around the World, magician Steven Marcus, and Kenn E. Grube with his Elvis on Tour. The Dennis Lee Show will begin at 8 p.m. on the outdoor stage followed by fireworks about 9:15 p.m.
Admission is $3 for adults, free for children 10 and younger. Parking is $5. Bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating. Concessions available.
No personal fireworks, pets, alcohol, food items or coolers inside the gates.
For information or a full schedule, visit sparklebration.com or call (352) 567-6678.
• "Born on the Fourth of July," a tribute to George M. Cohen, will be presented by Larry Bene and Rich Ricardi at 6 p.m. Sunday at New Lakes in Regency Park, 8330 Civic Drive, Port Richey. Tickets cost $17 for dinner and show. For information or tickets, call Bene at (727) 846-8052.