More things to do
• The Progress Energy Art Gallery is opening its Handmade Holiday Gift Gallery. A Special First Friday Night and Day will be from noon to 9 p.m. today at the gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. For information, call (727) 848-6500.
• Palm Harbor Fine Arts and Crafts Show will be held Saturday and Sunday in on Florida Avenue in historic Palm Harbor.
•Tampa-based muralist Terry Klaaren presents "Post Cards from My Life" through Dec. 13 in the Pasco-Hernando Community College art gallery in the Pottberg Library building on the New Port Richey campus, 10230 Ridge Road. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Fridays. For a private showing or event, call (727) 816-3231.
• Fresh Market at Wiregrass, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel. Offerings include fresh local produce, fruits, flowers, cheese, dairy products and crafts.
• Winter Wonderland, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday 1350 East Lake Road N (corner of Trinity and East Lake Road) Crafts for children, holiday gifts, vendors, food, music, inflatables and live animal nativity.
• New Port Richey Main Street Holidays begin this weekend in Sims Park with the Holiday Joy Children's Art Festival from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and the 12th- annual River Boat Parade at 6:30 p.m. The Holiday Street Parade will be held at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 10; and Arts and Crafts in the Park will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 10-11.
• Take a journey back to the homespun holiday festivities of old at Christmas in Cracker Country, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Florida State Fair Grounds, 4800 U.S. 301, N. Tampa. Tickets are $7 for adults; $6 for seniors and children ages 6 to 12.
• Festival of Lights, 2 to 9 p.m. Saturday in downtown Zephyrhills. Activities include a "Walk Through Bethlehem," live entertainment, a variety show, carnival, vendors and food.
• Annual Tree Decorating and Lighting program, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, 7050 Gall Blvd. Festivities include tree trimming, music by the Wesley Chapel Wind Ensemble, Lighting of the Trees and fireworks.
For nature lovers
• Pasco County Winter Marsh Bird Walk, 7 a.m. Saturday at Jumping Gully Preserve, 18812 Fishburne Drive, Spring Hill. Walk to the berm and wait for the dawn chorus and birds dispersing. Bring binoculars if you can.
• Pasco County Night Hike, 8 p.m. Tuesday at Starkey Education Center, Starkey Park, 10500 Wilderness Park Blvd., New Port Richey. Enjoy the sights and sounds of a chilly winter eve through basin marsh and flatwoods. Those old enough to have a driver's license may use flashlights.