Moms get in free
Many places offer free admission for mom, some with paid adult or child ticket. Here's a rundown:
• Tampa Bay History Center: Mothers free with any paid admission. Sunday starting at 10 a.m. 801 Old Water St., Tampa. $12; seniors (65+), students with ID $10; children (4-12) $7; 3 and younger free. (813) 228-0097. tampabayhistorycenter.org
• Lowry Park Zoo: Mothers free with adult or child admission. Sunday starting at 9:30 a.m. On Saturday only, all mothers arriving at the zoo with a "Mom and Me" T-shirt from Macy's get free admission. 1101 W Sligh Ave., Tampa. $20.95, $18.95 seniors, $15.95 ages 3-11, 2 and younger free. lowryparkzoo.com
• Florida Aquarium: Mom gets in free with paid adult or child admission. Saturday and Sunday, starting at 9:30 a.m. And if you can't make it to the aquarium this weekend, tickets purchased online through May 15 are $15 in honor of the aquarium's 15th anniversary. 701 Channelside Drive, Tampa. $19.95, $16.95 seniors, $14.95 ages 3-12. flaquarium.org
• Museum of Science and Industry: Mothers free with paid adult or child admission. Saturday and Sunday, starting at 9 a.m. 4801 E Fowler Ave. Tampa, $25.95 adults (13-59), $19.95 child (2-12), and $22.45 seniors (60+). (813) 987-6000. mosi.org.
• Dinosaur World: Free admission for mom with paid adult or child admission. Sunday starting at 9 a.m. 5145 Harvey Tew Road, Plant City. $12.75, $9.75 for ages 3 to 12, $10.75 for seniors over 60. (813) 717-9865. www.dinoworld.net
• Marie Selby Botanical Gardens: Mothers and grandmothers get in free. Sunday starting at 10 a.m. 811 S Palm Ave., Sarasota. $17, $6 ages 6-12, 5 and younger free. (941) 366-5731. selby.org/
• Henry B. Plant Museum: Moms get in free. Sunday starting at noon. 401 W Kennedy Blvd., Tampa. Other admissions suggested donation: $10 adult, $7 senior/student, $5 ages 4-12 (813) 254-1891. plantmuseum.com/
Mother's Day at Busch Gardens
Treat Mom to a day without cooking at this buffet style breakfast and lunch with Sesame Street character meet and greets and a gift for Mom. Sunday, 9:30 a.m. Busch Gardens, 3605 Bougainvillea Ave., Tampa. $18 adults, $15 children (breakfast); $23 adults, $17 children (lunch). Park admission: $69.95, $59.95 ages 3-9; Florida resident and advance discounts online. buschgardens.com. 1-888-800-5447.
Mother's Day Dinner Dance
Enjoy a buffet dinner and cash bar while you dance to the 18-piece Frankie Dee New York Orchestra. Free flowers for ladies. Sunday 1:30 p.m. The Hideaway Restaurant and Lounge, 247 Hallcrest Ave., Spring Hill. $20 (352) 666-1416.
Mother's Day Tea
The Hernando Heritage Museum will host a Mother's Day Tea from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. at the museum, 601 Museum Court. The theme of the event will be "Victorian Fans." There will be food and entertainment. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and younger. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Call the museum at (352) 799-0129 or Virginia Rusk at (352) 796-5398. Hernando Heritage Museum, 601 Museum Court, Brooksville. (352) 796-5398. hernandohistoricalmuseumassoc.com/
Make Mother's Day Brunch
Bring the family and prepare brunch for mom, from cheese souffles to berry muffins. Sunday 10 a.m. Foodies, 2312 Fourth St. N, St. Petersburg. $25, no charge for moms. (727) 209-1418. foodies.net/
Moms Nite Out at Tyrone Square Mall
A Mother's Day event a few days early. The second annual event offers moms social networking, interactive activities, live demonstrations, food and wine tastings, special discounts and prize giveaways. Today 6 p.m. Tyrone Square Mall, 6901 Tyrone Square, St. Petersburg. Free. (727) 347-3889.
Rose Day at the USF Botanical Gardens
Spend the day before Mother's Day with your mom strolling the gardens to see the many varieties of roses and orchids on display and for sale. Admission and parking are free and a rose workshop will be presented at 1 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. USF Botanical Gardens, 12210 USF Pine Drive, Tampa. (813) 910-3274; cas.usf.edu/garden.