a juicy day in dade city
The fifth annual Kumquat Festival is 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in downtown Dade City, featuring arts and crafts, food, kumquat products, a farmers market, live entertainment, children's activities and car show. Call (352) 567-3769 or visit www.dadecitychamber.org.
• The Foreigner, a farce with a serious side, concludes this weekend at Richey Suncoast Theatre, 6237 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Shows are at 8 p.m., except Sunday at 2:30 p.m. $17, reserved seating. Box office open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays and an hour before each show. (727) 842-6777.
• The musical Hairspray will be presented matinees and evenings through Feb. 26 at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. For adults, dinner and show $49.50, show only $38.45 plus tax and tip; for ages 12 and younger, $24.95 and $19.95. (727) 863-7949 in west Pasco; toll-free elsewhere at 1-888-655-7469.
• Gilbert and Sullivan Players performs the operetta Thespis, or the Gods Grown Old at 8 p.m. Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays Feb. 4-5 and 11-12 at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St. $17-$20. Call (727) 942-5605.
• Jennifer Lee and Nevaeh Peek perform at noon Saturday at 37918 Meridian Ave. in downtown Dade City. Free. (352) 567-3769.
• The All County Band and All County Choral Concerts will be held Saturday at the Center for the Arts in Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. Guest directors select the music and work with young musicians from local middle and high schools. Band concert is at 4 p.m.; choral concert is at 7 p.m. Free.
•The Sunshine Barbershop Chorus are guest performers at the Thursday Musicale's concert at 2 p.m. Thursday at Living Word Church, 5151 Rowan Road, New Port Richey. The Thursday Musicale is an all-female chorus of about 50 members. Free, but a donation is requested for the group's music scholarship fund and production expenses.
• "A Florida Wintertime Paradise" runs through Saturday at the Progress Energy Art Gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Hours are noon to 6 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays. Call (727) 848-6500.
• "The Painter of Women" exhibit by Melanie Feldman runs through Feb. 16 in the Pasco-Hernando Community College art gallery in the Pottberg Library building on the New Port Richey campus, 10230 Ridge Road. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Fridays. For information, call (727) 816-3231.
• Wine Festival, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Florida Estates Winery, 25241 State Road 52, Land O'Lakes. Live music, vendors, samples and an educational wine-tasting class.
• Saturday Night Cruise, 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday in downtown Zephyrhills. A classic car and truck show with live oldies music. Call (813) 780-1414 or visit www. mainstreetzephyrhills.org.
• Alzheimer's Family Organization's 13th annual Gong Show fundraiser at 6 p.m. Feb. 4 at the Jewish Community Center, 9841 Scenic Drive, Port Richey. Tickets are $25-$40 and include dinner catered by Carrabba's Italian Grill. Call (727) 848-8888 or toll-free 1-888-496-8004.
• Fiction into Film series, 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Feb. 7 at the Tarpon Springs Public Library, 138 E Lemon St. Pick up a free copy of each story at the library prior to meeting. Registration is not required. For information, call (727) 943-4922.
Send events to Arleen Spenceley, Tampa Bay Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey 34668 or email [email protected] Submit items at least two weeks in advance.