MUSIC to your ears
The Richey Concert Band performs at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11626 Town Center Road, New Port Richey.
• The musical Hairspray continues matinees and evenings through Feb. 26 at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. For adults, dinner and show $49.50, show only $38.45 plus tax and tip; for ages 12 and younger, $24.95 and $19.95. (727) 863-7949 in west Pasco; toll-free elsewhere at 1-888-655-7469.
• Melanie Feldman's works as "The Painter of Women" are featured through Feb. 16 in the Pasco-Hernando Community College art gallery in the Pottberg Library building on the PHCC New Port Richey campus, 10230 Ridge Road. Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Fridays. To schedule a private showing or an event at the gallery, call (727) 816-3231.
• Gilbert and Sullivan Players perform the operetta Thespis, or the Gods Grown Old at 8 p.m. Saturday and Feb. 11 and 2 p.m. Sunday and Feb. 12 at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St., Tarpon Springs. $20 for members, $17 for students. (727) 942-5605.
• Irish folk music group ShaeLaurel will perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 11 at the Hernando Performing Arts Center, 700 Bell Ave., Brooksville. This is the fourth of five shows presented by the Hernando Performing Arts Guild. Tickets are $25, reserved seating. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Call (352) 799-5577 or visit www.hpag.org.
• Frank Parsons Big Band presents "Salute to Sweethearts" at 2 p.m. Feb. 15 at Richey Suncoast Theatre, 6237 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey. Tickets are $11. Call (727) 842-6777 and leave your phone number. The box office will call back to arrange seats. Concerts are monthly October through May.
• The Farm Fest and Quilt Show will be held 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Pioneer Florida Museum, 15602 Pioneer Museum Road, Dade City. Horse competitions, local quilted fashions show, traveling quilt exhibit, entertainment and more. $8 for ages 18 and up; $4 for ages 6 to 12. Under 5 free. For information call (352) 567-0262 or visit www.pioneerfloridamuseum.org.
• Alzheimer's Family Organization's 13th annual Gong Show fundraiser is at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Jewish Community Center, 9841 Scenic Drive in Port Richey. Tickets are $25, $30 and $40 and include dinner catered by Carrabba's Italian Grill. Call (727) 848-8888 or toll free 1-888-496-8004.
• Comedian and Tampa native Leo Gallagher performs at 8 p.m. Saturday in the Performing Arts Center at Pasco-Hernando Community College, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. $25-$30. Call (727) 816-3707 or visit phcc.edu/tix.
• Fiction into Film discussion at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Tarpon Springs Public Library, 138 E Lemon St. Pick up a free copy of the story at the library prior. Registration is not required. For information, call (727) 943-4922.
• The New Port Richey Library hosts a lecture, "the Haitian Revolution and the Rise of American Music," at 6 p.m. Feb. 17 at the library, 5939 Main St. Some music is performed but this is primarily a lecture. Free. Visit www.nprlibrary.org.
• Witness history come alive at the sixth annual Bivouac and Barracks event, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 17-18 and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 19 at the Zephyrhills Barracks Museum, 39444 South Ave. Free.
Send events to Arleen Spenceley, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey 34668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit items at least two weeks in advance.