As if seeing dolphins up close wasn't kid-friendly enough, SeaWorld Orlando is doing a deep dive into the genre by staging a series of concerts geared toward the younger set in its all-new Just For Kids Festival.
Held on Saturdays starting Jan. 14-Feb. 4, the festival features concerts by LazyTown, Max & Ruby, the Doodlebops and Choo-Choo Soul, plus family-friendly fun and activities.
There are numerous special offers, too, according to a news release announcing the festival. On event days, parents can rent strollers at half-price, and these items are free for kids with each paid adult: all-day dining deal, sky tower ride, and free Penguins Up-close, Dolphins Up-close or Behind-the-Scenes tours.
Here's the concert lineup:
• LazyTown (Jan. 14): Things are upside-down in LazyTown. Stephanie, Sportacus and others take kids on a fun journey while also promoting healthy lifestyles for children in a positive and catching way.
• Max & Ruby's Musical Playdate, (Jan. 21): Celebrate the universal nature of sibling relationships with Max and Ruby, who never quite want the same thing and their plans always collide – with hilarious results.
• Doodlebops' Musical Playdate (Jan. 28): Rock stars DeeDee, Rooney and Moe sing their favorite songs, tell their wackiest jokes and show off their funkiest dance moves.
• Choo-Choo Soul with Genevieve (Feb. 4): Starring Genevieve Goings, Choo-Choo Soul allows parents to enjoy the same music their kids do. Featuring soulful and current renditions of the ABC's, 1-2-3's, and learning how to be polite, Choo-Choo Soul is a diverse and hip duo, teaching children through music on an animated train.
Concerts are included with park admission, with show times at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at SeaWorld's Nautilus Theater. Guests will need to pick up concert tickets across from Nautilus Theater in order to attend the shows. Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis starting at 9 a.m. each event day.
There are also other kid happenings going on at the park, including:
• Shamu's Party Zone: Located at Lakeside Patio, kids can sing, dance and play the day away with a DJ spinning to a kid beat while bubbles float overhead. There are interactive games, and kids can sit down for a face-painting session or make a sea-themed sand art souvenir with jewels and sea glass in the shape of dolphins, tropical fish, turtles and starfish. The Shamu character and others will be on hand for meet and greets, dancing and photos. (There will be a small fee to participate in face painting and sand art).
• Elmo and Abby's Treasure Hunt: Sesame Street's Abby Cadabby and her friends Elmo, Cookie Monster, Rosita and Grover are off on a treasure hunt—and all kids are invited. This 25-minute show will get be staged at SeaPort Theater.
• Breakfast with Elmo and Friends: Elmo and his Sesame Street friends will perform a short song and dance number and then visit every table for an up-close meeting at this breakfast buffet. Cost is $29.99 for adults and $24.99 for children 3-9. Times are 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. at SeaFire Inn at The Waterfront.
The park is touting that the best way to experience the Just for Kids Festival is its Fun Card, where Florida residents pay for a day and play all year through Dec. 31, 2012. Fun Cards are available at the front gate, online at SeaWorldOrlando.com or by calling 1-888-800-5447. Event dates, times and artists are subject to change. Concert seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.