And the beat goes on
Bring your drums, a little refreshment and a friend to the Drum Circle, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. July 6 at J. Ben Harrill Recreation Complex, 2830 Gulf Trace Blvd., Holiday. (727) 942-7439.
Motown and more: New York Nights, a new revue with singing and dancing to the sounds of Motown, rock 'n' roll, disco and Broadway, runs through July 15 at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. Dinner and show, $49.50; show only, $38.45, plus tax and tip, for adults, $24.95 and $19.95 for ages 12 and younger. Call (727) 863-7949 in west Pasco; toll-free elsewhere at 1-888-655-7469.
• Sunset and a little classic rock: The Relics perform at the Music at the Beach Concert, 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Sunset Beach in Tarpon Springs. Bring a lawn chair or blanket and pack a picnic (no alcohol). Some concessions. Free.
• Fifth n' Blues, 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday in downtown Brooksville. Blues music on Main Street, restaurants and stores open late. Vendors from Market on Main Street will also stay open late. (352) 848-0090.
Members only: Progress Energy Art Gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey, presents the annual Members Exhibit through July 28; noon to 6 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays. Awards winners will be announced at the First Friday event, 6 to 9 p.m. July 6. (727) 848-6500 or visit nprgallery.com.
Faculty and staff art work: The third annual exhibit of artwork by the Pasco-Hernando Community College faculty and staff runs through Aug. 14 in the PHCC art gallery in the Alric Pottberg Library on the PHCC West Campus in New Port Richey, 10230 Ridge Road. (727) 816-3231.
GLBT Reel Pride: The New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., features Friday and Saturday evening showings all month of movies about the GLBT community. This week's films are A Single Man, starring Colin Firth and Julianne Moore, at 8 p.m. today; Edie & Thea, A Very Long Engagement at 6 p.m. Saturday; and Kawa at 8 p.m. Saturday. Free. Refreshments will be served. (727) 853-1279.
• Nature Walk: During the summer, a morning walk can reveal tracks, other evidence of animals, birds, butterflies and more. Starts at 8 a.m. Saturday at Eagle Point Park, at the west end of Trouble Creek Road in New Port Richey.
• Annual Quilt Exhibit, Saturday through July 31 at the Hernando Heritage Museum, 601 Museum Court, Brooksville. Visit the museum for a look at vintage and new quilts. Hours are noon to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. A tour of the museum is also available, $5 per person. (352) 799-0129. hernandohistoricalmuseumassoc.com.
• Music and Motorcycles, 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday in downtown Zephyrhills. A multiple-class bike show with a variety of vendors, live music, food, beer and T-shirts.
Bus Stop: Auditions for Stage West's 2012-13 season opener will be at 7 p.m. today and 1 p.m. Saturday at the theater, 8390 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. The drama is set in a rural diner where bus passengers take shelter during a storm. There are roles for three women and five men of various ages. Performances are Sept. 11-23. Go to stagewest.net or contact Andrea Gleason at email@example.com or (352) 686-4988.
Send events to Arleen Spenceley, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey FL 34668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit items at least two weeks in advance.