We waded through a wave of new beauty products and picked our favorites to get you through the summer doldrums.
• MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish powder in Triple Fusion ($27 at MAC stores and www.maccosmetics.com)
HT: Every summer, I fall in love with a different highlighting powder. This option yields a flattering, rosy bronze glow on cheekbones, decolletage and collarbones.
MT: Highlighting powders: meh. But this shimmering three-shade version is subtle and pretty.
• Clinique Sun SPF 45 Targeted Protection sunscreen stick ($17.50 at department stores and www.clinique.com)
HT: I use a face moisturizer with SPF religiously, but sporting a pixielike crop means I have to protect my ears, too. This little gem makes for an easy application.
MT: Eight. That's how many products are in my purse in case of beauty-related emergencies. I love that this sunscreen stick is portable.
• Peaches & Boo Boo Save My Feet lotion ($20 at www.peachesandbooboo.com)
HT: I slicked this stuff on twice — before slipping into my Chucks for a few hours of walking, and on a workday with my most uncomfortable peep-toe pumps. After a full day in each pair, I was blissfully blister-free.
MT: My blister-prone boss adores this one. I'm headed straight for it before the next time I step out in 5-inch strappy sandals.
• L'Oreal EverPure Moisture shampoo and conditioner (about $7 at mass retailers and www.drugstore.com)
HT: I love that the line is vegan, and it's an eco-friendly option at a drugstore price.
MT: I've had little luck with color-preserving paraben- and sulfate-free shampoos — they usually make my locks feel limp — but this one makes my hair feel soft, clean and volumized.
• Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skinscent ($52 at department stores)
HT: This light splash dabbles in Hawaiian Tropic territory but ups the sophistication factor with notes of bergamot, coconut and vetiver.
MT: Yum. Smells like summer nights at the beach.
• Kiehl's Marvelous Mineral mascara ($16.50 at Kiehl's stores and www.kiehls.com)
HT: My mom is somewhat of a mascara connoisseur, and she recently asked if I'd started wearing false eyelashes. The reason? Kiehl's lightweight, high-impact formula.
MT: I second Holly's mom. The day I noticed her full, lush lashes was the day I vowed to start wearing this mascara. Now it's my go-to.
• Stila 24 Karat lip gloss in Vintage Merlot ($15 on sale at Sephora stores and www.stilacosmetics.com)
HT: The inclusion of gold leaf might delight tweens everywhere, but in practice, the gloss has a subtle shimmer.
MT: Stila's glittering gloss is neither gritty nor sticky, and the deep berry shade is flattering.