• BellaBrava (515 Central Ave., St. Petersburg, (727) 895-5515) has just reopened for lunch, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The restaurant also offers a limited menu from 2:30 to 5 p.m. before dinner starts. The new lunch menu features panini, flatbreads, salads and more, with no menu item more than $10.
• Just a few doors west, the Table has reopened with Pedro Flores in the kitchen and Joe Moledo managing. We haven't seen the new menu yet, but the plan was to take the prices down somewhat and offer more small plates. While the address is the same (535 Central Ave.), the phone number has changed: (727) 823-6372.
• Also downtown, Zachary Gross opened his new, swanky Z Grille (104 Second St. S, (727) 822-9600) last week. We've heard good things about the food (Cali deviled eggs, Central Avenue ribeye, whole deep-fried snapper and BLAST, which is bacon, lettuce, avocado, scallops and tomato) and the gorgeous interior. His Zurritos remains open nearby at 269 Central Ave.
• Unfortunately, India Grill (320 First Ave. N, St. Petersburg) has closed downtown because of lease problems. There is some indication that it will open in a new location, but no word yet on where.
• SkyPoint in Tampa announced three new restaurants on the horizon for the 380-unit condo tower at 777 Ashley Drive. RAWbar Sushi, from Taps' owner James DeVito, will offer a full dinner menu and a full bar, in addition to its sushi offerings. RAWbar is expected to open before the Super Bowl on Feb. 1. A Five Guys Burger and Fries franchise will soon begin serving its signature offerings at SkyPoint. And Azteca Mexican Kitchen, a restaurant featuring Mexican fare, will open in early 2009.
Laura Reiley, Times food critic