Clear66° FULL FORECASTClear66° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page
Instagram

Chef replaced on 'Dinner: Impossible'

One of the Food Network's Iron Chefs says he is ready to do the impossible.

The network on Monday announced that Ohio chef Michael Symon will take over as host of the "Dinner: Impossible" series, which challenges its chef to prepare meals under extreme conditions.

Symon, who won the network's The Next Iron Chef competition in 2007 and appears on its Iron Chef America series, replaces Robert Irvine, who left last month following revelations that he'd exaggerated details of his resume. Irvine also was supposed to open restaurants in St. Petersburg, but that never happened.

Irvine had hosted the show for four seasons. The network says Symon will begin taping 10 new episodes this week. They will begin airing this summer. Also new to the show will be a one-hour format.

"I'm really looking forward to the challenges that are going to be thrown my way and nothing gets me more pumped than someone telling me that something is 'impossible,'" Symon said in a statement

Symon, who is chef and owner of Lola and Lolita restaurants in Cleveland, graduated from The Culinary Institute of America and was named by Food & Wine magazine as one of the Ten Best New Chefs in America in 1998.

Chef replaced on 'Dinner: Impossible' 04/21/08 [Last modified: Monday, April 21, 2008 5:52pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

Copyright: For copyright information, please check with the distributor of this item, Associated Press.
    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...