It started as a joke among Star Wars fans who would greet each other with the calendar pun, "May the Fourth be with you." But now Star Wars Day has morphed into a full-fledged holiday that falls on a Friday this year. And some Jedi masters are throwing Revenge of the Fifth parties on Saturday. Some of the galactic choices:
• May the Course Be With You: Golfers in costume hit the links 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday at Treasure Bay Golf and Tennis center for a day of themed activities and half-price golf and tennis. 10315 Paradise Blvd., Treasure Island. (727) 547-4575, ext. 237.
• Star Wars Night: Get photos taken with characters from the 501st Legion at the Threshers game Saturday night at 6:15 p.m., and there are post-game fireworks. 601 N Old Coachman Road. $6-$10.
• Revenge of the Fifth: The Castle will have a costume contest, a Chewbacca howl-off, blue milk, BB-8 shots and a landing party for Trekkies starting at 10:30 p.m. Saturday. 2004 N 16th St., Tampa. $13.
• May the Fourth Be With You Art Show: The Bricks in Ybor is having back-to-back parties Friday and Saturday with a Star Wars-themed art show at 9 p.m. Friday and a family and pet-friendly party at 2 p.m. Saturday. 1327 E Seventh Ave., Tampa. No cover.
• May the Fourth Be With You, Glazer Museum: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 1-6 p.m. Sunday. Interstellar activities included with admission: $15, $12.50 military/seniors, $9.50 children, 1 and younger free. Note: Saturday’s admission is $5 for RiverFest. Glazer Children’s Museum, 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa.
• May the Fourth Be With You, Largo Library: Dress like a Stormtrooper, Jedi or alien creature to attack the Death Star (library) for snacks and a meeting with Luke Skywalker. Free. 3 p.m. Friday. Largo Public Library, 120 Central Park Drive, Largo. (727) 587-6715.
• Star Wars Day Afterhours Party: Themed crafts, snacks. Star Wars costumes encouraged. 5-7 p.m. Friday. Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Trek Wars: Tampa Bay Symphonic Winds presents music from the sound tracks of Star Wars and Star Trek. $10. 7 p.m. Saturday. Waterworks Park, 1710 N Highland Ave., Tampa.