There are tons of activities you can do and places you can go together with your canine pal. One popular excursion is going to the dog park. As a responsible owner, you need to make sure that your dog is safe when you take a trip to the park. Here are some tips to ensure that your next trip to the dog park is a safe and happy one. Among them:
• Go to the dog park only after you've made sure that your dog is up to date on all vaccinations and has a valid license.
• Pay attention to your dog at all times to make sure that his interactions with other dogs are appropriate and safe.
• Always adhere to all rules and regulations that are posted in the dog park.
• Don't bring a puppy younger than 4 months old with you.
• Always keep a collar on your dog. Make sure to keep collar ID tag contact information up-to-date, have permanent ID with a microchip should his collar fall off, and always alert your pet-recovery service to any changes in contact information so they can find you when your dog is recovered. To enroll your pet in a 24-hour recovery service, visit akccar.org.
• If you're going to the dog park on very warm days, avoid going during peak temperature hours, which typically are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Additional tips can be found on the American Kennel Club Web site at akc. org.