All of a sudden, Central Florida seems to be quite the magnet for snow flurries.
The Nick Hotel is bringing back its Let It Snow attraction, starting Nov. 11 and lasting through Jan. 2. It joins the popular ICE! display at the Gaylord Palms Resort as part of a trend in giving families a winter-like experience without leaving the state.
Special Florida rate packages at the kid-friendly Orlando resort starting at $189 a night give you access to:
• An 80-foot-long ice slide
• Snow falling nightly on the oasis pool
• Holiday lights that dance to music
• Fire pits, hot chocolate and s'mores by the pool
• Santa Claus, joined by Nickelodeon characters such as Dora the Explorer dressed for the holidays.
• An interactive holiday show starring SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora.
The special package -- available at nickhotel.com/snow -- includes a two-bedroom family suite, early ride time on the ice slide, priority seating in Studio Nick, 3-D polarized snowflake glasses to enhance the Let It Snow experience, meet and greet with Santa, SpongeBob and Dora, unlimited 4-D Experience movie passes for family favorites such as Happy Feet, and travel mugs with free refills of hot chocolate and coffee during your stay.
The Nickelodeon Suites Resort is at 4500 Continental Gateway, Orlando. Call the hotel direct at (407) 387-5437.