1. Nerdier Than Thou Literary Con: Two days of nerdy, literary programming will be held at Emerald City Comics featuring local sci-fi, horror, fantasy and steampunk writers, journalists, comic book writers, comedians, satirists and paranormal investigators. Panels will discuss topics like “Strange but True Florida” and “Why Dark Fiction and Horror Is Coming Back Big Time.” Participating authors include Steph Post, Gale Massey, Craig Pittman, Kimberly Lojewski, Stefani Deoul and Arin Greenwood. $5. 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Emerald City Comics, 4902 113th Ave. N, Clearwater. (516) 906-2140.
2. Pride Closer: Celebrate dance music’s LGBTQ roots at this dance party with a set by special guest LEM from Mood II Swing. As a songwriter, Lem Springsteen worked heavily in the studio with Masters at Work and was behind radio and club hits like Ultra Nate’s Free, Barbara Tucker’s Beautiful People and other classic DJ favorites. Free before 11 p.m., $5 before midnight, $15 after. 10 p.m. Monday. Morph, 1833 First Ave. S, St. Petersburg. (321) 289-8929.
3. Summer Series at Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park: This free summer series at Tampa’s newest park offers kids and parents a break from the sun and rain with free access to oversized games under a 12,000-square-foot shaded area. 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily through July 29 at Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park, 1001 North Blvd., Tampa.
4. Peace Memorial Piano Concert: Come hear young pianists from the Rebecca Penneys Piano Festival perform on the full concert grand and in the excellent acoustics of the Peace sanctuary, followed by a meet and greet with the musicians. Free. 3 p.m. Sunday. Peace Memorial Church, 110 S Fort Harrison Ave., Clearwater.
5. Cult Classics: The Dalí Museum continues its summer music series, inviting fans to dress in theme attire and bring a low-seating lawn chair for a free movie screening. Food trucks will be on site. Thursday’s movie is Clueless, the ’90s teen comedy set in Beverly Hills, and Aug. 15 is Mean Girls, the 2004 teen comedy set in a wealthy Chicago suburb, so there seems to be a theme this summer. Free. Get out your plaid skirts, knee socks and hats and head out. 7 p.m. 1 Dalí Blvd., St. Petersburg. (727) 823-3767.