Pinellas basketball super 7
Records through Wednesday
1. St. Petersburg (2-1): Bounced back from a weekend loss to Haines City to knock off rival Seminole in a big Class 7A, District 10 game.
2. Boca Ciega (3-0): Strong start to season gets a test with a game tonight against the Green Devils that could go a long way toward deciding a berth in the conference championship game.
3. Lakewood (4-1): After a rough start, the Spartans are starting to get into a rhythm thanks to the return of their football players.
4. Gibbs (4-1): After losing to Pinellas Park last week, the Gladiators can redeem themselves with a win against Lakewood tonight.
5. Seminole (4-1): Playing without top scorer Justin Hollis (knee injury) hurt the Warhawks against the Green Devils.
6. Clearwater (5-0): Taking advantage of their height, the Tornadoes are off to a fast start.
7. Shorecrest (6-2): Only losses are to defending Class 2A state champion Tampa Prep and Berkeley Prep.
1. Lakewood (7-1): Crushing local teams, but did lose to Palatka in the Trinity Catholic Thanksgiving tournament.
2. Clearwater (11-0): The Tornadoes can handle the ball and play some tenacious defense. Look out.
3. Boca Ciega (9-2): The Pirates have some quality wins, which include triumphs over Academy of the Holy Names and St. Petersburg.
4. Tarpon Springs (5-1): No shame in losing to Clearwater. The Spongers are tough to deal with when seniors Yasmine Morris and Kadejah Saunders are on their games.
5. Palm Harbor University (6-2): Sisters Megan and Kaylin Ingram have been hard for teams to contain.
6. Gibbs (5-3): Three losses to three very good teams (Winter Haven, Academy at the Lakes, Holy Names). The Gladiators are a team to watch this season.
7. St. Petersburg (5-4): The Green Devils’ record is deceiving. Three losses came against out-of-area teams, and the only Pinellas loss came against Boca Ciega.