A few extra noteworthy nuggets from Sickles' 56-53 victory against Niceville in Wednesday's Class 5A state semifinals:
* After shooting 33.3 percent (7-for-21) from the floor in the first half, Niceville shot nearly 50 percent (14-for-30) in the second.
* Niceville got 23 points from its bench. Sickles got one, a free throw from senior Caleb Kamm.
* Before Wednesday, the Gryphons hadn't allowed an opponent to reach the 50-point mark since Hillsborough on Jan. 5. That's a streak of 12 games.
* The only Gryphon not named Rashawn Rembert or Jordan Davis to score a field goal in the second half was guard Jack Holland. His layup, courtesy of a Davis interior feed, with 1:31 to play in the game gave Sickles a 49-45 lead.
* Though Niceville's frontcourt featured a 6-foot-9 (John Deloach) and 6-7 (Nate Terry) senior, Sickles out-rebounded the Eagles, 36-33. Davis, at 5-foot-10, had more boards (six) than Terry and Deloach combined (five).