The top 10 is the top 10 is the top 10. Here's this week's Top 25 poll, which remains unchanged at the top, a little wiggly in the middle, and a touch jiggly at the bottom.
1. Largo 6-0 (1): Posted first shutout of the season heading into its bye week.
2. Armwood 5-1 (2): Armwood has allowed 37 points in the past two weeks. The last time the Hawks allowed more in a two-game regular-season span was 2006, when they gave up 26 in a loss to Winter Haven and 13 the following week to Middleton.
3. Plant 4-1 (3): It took Plant about 28 hours to finally beat Wharton this week.
4. Robinson 5-0 (4): The Knights had the week off, but I hear the defense kept loose by grabbing backpacks from fellow students and running the other way with them.
5. Pasco 5-0 (5): The Pirates only scored 26 points, but the punt return team scored a touchdown for the fifth straight game.
6. Countryside 5-1 (6): Since its only loss, to Largo, Countryside has outscored the opposition 118-16 in three wins.
7. Lakewood 5-0 (7): Only Pasco (7) has given up fewer points this season than the Spartans defense, which has allowed nine.
8. Hillsborough 5-0 (8): Earl Garcia clinched his 20th consecutive winning season in the Terriers' come-from-behind win last week.
9. Durant 5-0 (9): Chris Atkins and Jamarlon Hamilton continue to establish themselves as one of Tampa Bay’s top 1-2 rushing duos.
10. East Lake 4-2 (10): The Eagles’ narrow escape from North Port keeps them on collision course with Palm Harbor University for district title showdown.
11. CCC 5-1 (11): Defense and maybe the second-best player so far this season in Pinellas County, Tre Larry, lead the way to a fifth straight win.
12. Jesuit 4-2 (14): The Tigers pitch a third-straight shutout. I though Lance McCullers graduated?
13. Sickles 3-2 (12): The Gryphons had Armwood on the ropes, but once again fail to land the knockout blow in the season’s biggest game. But they have time to load up and throw a haymaker at Hillsborough this week.
14. Tampa Bay Tech 4-2 (15): Tech can all but seal a playoff berth next week with a win over Steinbrenner.
15. Wharton 3-2 (13): Hard to punish the Wildcats for a loss to No. 3 Plant that was a day and multiple lightning delays in the making.
16. Berkeley Prep 6-0 (16): One week off to prepare for the BIGGEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM, AT LEAST FOR 2012 AND AT LEAST UNTIL THE TAMPA CATHOLIC GAME!!! That’s not as catchy as I thought it would sound.
17. Springstead 6-0 (18): The Eagles defense has allowed more than one touchdown just once this season.
18. Gaither 4-1 (17): Monday Night Football suits the Cowboys well.
19. Pinellas Park 4-1 (20): In a district with Countryside and everyone else, the Patriots have emerged as the best of everyone else.
20. Alonso 3-2 (21): The Ravens held Bloomingdale’s Eugene Baker to 5 yards, which is even more impressive than holding their last three opponents to just 13 points.
21. Sunlake 4-1 (NR): The offense has been up and down, but the defense, which hasn’t allowed more than 13 points in any game this season, has been rock solid.
22. Fivay 4-1 (NR): I’m going to let the Falcons enjoy basking in the glory of the Top 25 -- they play Gulf this week, so it could be an extended stay -- until we see what they've really got when they take on Pasco Oct. 19.
23. Northeast 5-1 (19): When the Vikings discover that distributing the ball is different than just snapping it to Ryan Davis, look out!
24. Tampa Catholic 5-1 (22): The Crusaders either fattened up on bad competition, or CCC is really that good. I think CCC is really that good. (And no, I don’t think you’re fat, TC).
25. Jefferson 1-4 (25): BAD JOHN: Dude!!?? Really? Four losses!
GOOD JOHN: Sigh. I know, I know. But they led Armwood 21-0!
BAD JOHN: And lost.
GOOD JOHN: They led Hillsborough 21-0!
BAD JOHN: And lost.
GOOD JOHN: Have played the Nos. 2, 3, 4, and 8 teams in this poll!
BAD JOHN: And lost. To all of them.
GOOD JOHN: The had three sacks, three interceptions and 300 yards of offense last week!
BAD JOHN: And lost.
GOOD JOHN: They average 26 points a game!
BAD JOHN: And give up 43 a game.
GOOD JOHN: You are negative.
BAD JOHN: You are delusional.
GOOD JOHN: You are ugly and smell funny.
BAD JOHN: You win.