By my count, there were like 150 basketball games played last night. Busiest night of the season so far. Here's the best of the best of the best:
GAME OF THE NIGHT
Looks like we covered the best games:
TEAM OF THE NIGHT
Berkeley Prep, as you can read above, might be the best team in Tampa Bay by the end of the season. While the competition is deep among the Hillsborough County private schools, you have to like the Bucs, who finished strong in defeating Pinellas County standard bearer Lakewood on Tuesday night.
Balance is a Buc strength. Justin Gray, arguably the best player around, and Marshall Holmes scored 15 each, Craig Bowman had 14 and Christian McWilliams and Jacob Mathis each had 11 against the Spartans. The team also made 23 of 33 free throws and are now 4-0. With one of the area's toughest schedules, look for the Bucs to make some noise in their bid for a state title.
STAT OF THE NIGHT
Freedom clearly outmatched Spoto in a 90-19 win, but that allowed coach Laurie Pacholke to empty her bench, as 13 different Patriots scored. At one point, Pacholke almost put in herself, two scorekeepers, a girl running the concession stand and one of the parents just to make sure everyone got to see some action.
BY THE NUMBERS
7 -- Players for Tampa Catholic's boys who knocked down 3-pointers.
11 -- Players who scored for the Clearwater boys, none more than Rasim Avmet, who had 20.
13 -- Points Land O'Lakes trailed by at halftime against River Ridge.
26 -- Points Land O'Lakes outscored River Ridge by in the second half to win.
2 -- Obis, Michael and Victor, who combined for 28 points in the Gator win.
20 -- 3-pointers made by 11 players in the CCC-Shorecrest boys game.
14 -- Points scored by three Seffner Christian girls: Ally Parimore, Sabrina Whiting and Tesha Hanson.
83 -- Percent of CCC's 12 points scored by Tiffany St. Lifer, who had 10.
8 -- Players who scored for Mitchell, but none in double figures.
STARS OF THE NIGHT
* Allahon Marba scored 22 points and Brianca Roberts had 18 as Pasco romped past Fivay.
* Jonathan Jean and Marwan Williams each scored 13, as East Bay was a 43-37 winner.
* Tampa Catholic had five players in double figures, with Chivarsky Corbett (23) and Isiah Thomas (15) leading the way.
* Tristan Ficarrio and Brandon Lorenstein each had 20 in Ridgewood's victory.
* Barry Brown scored 22, and Shaquille Speights added 16 as Gibbs knocked off Largo 57-41.
* Eddie Moralobo had 23 in Indian Rocks Christian's victory.
* Tarpon Springs' Maurice Turner scored 18, eight from the free throw line (in nine attempts) to knock off Palm Harbor.
* CCC's Randle Ignacio (16 points) and Shorecrest's Kenny Duval (14) each made four 3-pointers in the shootout between the Marauders and Chargers..
* Ethan Haslam scored 23 for Academy at the Lakes. Haslam now has 50 points in two games this season.
* Justin Hollis scored 28 points to lead Seminole past Pinellas Park 67-52.
* Shorecrest's Hale Moore had 18 in a win over CCC.
Have a performance worthy of being highlighted? Hit me up at email@example.com or on Twitter @JohnnyHometeam.