MORE from our HomeTeam writers.
Me, a cup of coffee and the morning paper (and by paper, I mean my laptop...just doesn't have the same ring to it).
* East Lake sophomore Johnna Trease scored a career-high 15 points in a win over Seminole. It's East Lake's first two-game win streak of the season.
* Northeast junior Andres Sanchez rebounded from one of his worst games (four points in a loss to Bogie) to have one of his best: a season-high 29 points and seven rebounds in a loss to St. Petersburg.
* I think I know what Gabriel Moton's New Year's Resolution was -- to score more. The Green Devil senior guard is averaging 22 points in three 2010 wins for St. Petersburg.
* Countryside's Thea Linkfield picked up her fourth hat trick of the season in a girls soccer win over Clearwater.
* Robert Coleman scored the only goal of the game as his Mitchell Mustangs beat Palm Harbor University 1-0. The Mustangs are now 15-1-3 and looking like a serious state contender.
STAT OF THE DAY
* Osceola's Hannah Demarest, the best girls basketball player you haven't heard of, is shooting 91 percent from the free throw line this season, making 63-of-69.
MORE COFFEE, PLEASE
* Tampa Catholic is Tampa Bay's hottest girls basketball team, but Boca Ciega is right behind the Crusaders. The Pirates (17-1) won their 10th straight game, beating Northeast 63-20. Latavia Dempsey (19 points) and Tamara Taylor (18) led the way, but seven other Pirates also made baskets. Can the Pirates make it back to the final four for a third straight year? Or, in other words, can they beat Clearwater and Sickles back-to-back in the playoffs?
* Speaking of Clearwater, that's six straight now for the Tornadoes after beating Dunedin. Everyone said the Tornadoes were young and would struggle, but with Tom Shaneyfelt's coaching by the end of the season....well, it's the end of season. Look out.
* Let's give Jon Cabino some credit. After the former Clearwater assistant took over a Pinellas Park boys basketball team that lost a ton of talent and its coach, many though the Patriots would revert back to their tradition of losing. But after treading water last season, Cabino has the Patriots headed in the right direction. They are 8-5 and coming off a win over Largo. Tonight, it's Boca Ciega and another chance for The Park to show it is a playoff contender.
Did I miss anyone? Anything you think deserves a Morning Meander? Did you have a big game that we probably wouldn't/didn't/should have noticed? Drop me a line at email@example.com.