Records through Wednesday
1. Nature Coast (18-3): An eight-game win streak — including two quality wins over Hernando and a two-point escape against Eustis — have Rohan Blackwood and the Sharks back at No. 1.
2. Wesley Chapel (18-4): Erik Thomas and the Wildcats bounced back from a tough loss to Anclote with a 20-point blowout win over Freedom.
3. Wiregrass Ranch (16-5): A five-game win streak came to an end with Tuesday’s 82-80 loss to a strong Tampa Catholic team.
4. Mitchell (15-5): The Mustangs have been one of Pasco County’s top programs but enter a tough stretch, with back-to-back games against Wesley Chapel and Wiregrass Ranch.
5. Hudson (11-11): Five consecutive wins— including a 68-52 victory over Anclote — and the No. 2 spot in the district have the Cobras rising.
6. Anclote (12-8): A six-game win streak and a big two-point win over Wesley Chapel were dampened by a 16-point loss to Hudson on Wednesday.
7. Hernando (13-6): The Leopards have lost two in a row, despite some heroic performances from Jeff Velasquez.
1. Pasco (17-0): The Pirates are clearly the North Suncoast’s top public team. Brianca Roberts and Co. own a top-10 ranking in Class 5A and stifled Gulf for a 15-point win this week.
2. Academy at the Lakes (19-2): The Wildcats are up to No. 3 in Class 2A and are coming off a 65-26 win over Tenoroc that’s become par for the course.
3. Gulf (16-6): The Buccaneers aren’t as dangerous as they’ve been in the past, but they remain a playoff-ready team.
4. Mitchell (13-8): Recent wins over River Ridge and Land O’Lakes have been nice, but upsetting Pasco tonight would be a season-changing victory.
5. Wiregrass Ranch (15-9): Sophomore Amanda Melosky has had one of the county’s top seasons, averaging 14.7 points and 10.3 rebounds per game on a strong Bulls team.
6. River Ridge (12-10): The Royal Knights lost three of their past four games before turning things around with a quality 58-45 win over Fivay.
7. Fivay (12-10): The Falcons edge Land O’Lakes for the final spot but have work to do after back-to-back, double-digit losses to River Ridge and Gulf.