Plant junior running back/defensive end James Wilder Jr. figures to be one of next year's top recruits in the nation. And now he's being tabbed as the top prospect in Florida, according to a list of top 2011 recruits compiled by the Orlando Sentinel.
The list, compiled by recruiting guru Bill Buchalter, tabs Wilder as the top prospect in the state, but also lists 13 other talented juniors from the bay area.
Here's the list of locals:
1. James Wilder Jr., RB/DE, Plant
7. Andre Davis, WR, Jefferson
13. Tyler Moore, OT, Countryside
15. Jordan Prestwood, OT/TE, Plant City
32. Ju'juan Story, DB, Nature Coast
33. Alex Dixon, DB, Countryside
34. Gary Myrick, DE, Land O'Lakes
39. Quentin Williams, QB, Jefferson
49. Rodney Williams, LB, Spoto
78. Phillip Ely, QB, Plant
83. Anthony Chickillo, DE, Alonso
85. Stevie Weatherford, QB, Land O'Lakes
89. Brodrick Lee, DL, Tarpon Springs
91. Charles Lovett, WR, Hillsborough
Thirteen players in the Sentinel's top 100 were also in the Times' list of the top 15 junior recruits in the bay area.
-- EDUARDO A. ENCINA (firstname.lastname@example.org)