//comScore:

Robinson QB dismissed

Search

Twitter



MORE from our HomeTeam writers.

More Video

Facebook

 
 

Wed. September 21, 2011 | Joey Knight | Email

Robinson QB dismissed

Robinson starting QB Antonio Hampton, who won the job in the preseason and guided the Knights to a 2-1 start, has been dismissed from the team.

"Antonio was dismissed from the football team for failure to comply with team standards," coach Mike DePue said Wednesday, declining to elaborate further.

Junior Vidal Woodruff will start for the Knights (2-1, 1-1) in Friday's Class 5A, District 8 contest at Lennard, with three-way star Byron Pringle likely the backup.

A 6-foot junior, Hampton threw for 244 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions in his three starts after beating out Woodruff for the starting job in August. Against Jesuit, he was 6-for-9 for 65 yards and a pick, four of his completions going to Pringle.

But that subtraction is offset by two key additions. DePue said RT Brooks Lovely (ankle) and WR Ethan Kindle (scapula) are back. Kindle was cleared by doctors at halftime of last week's 21-7 loss to Jesuit and actually suited up in the econd half.

DePue also hopes to have CB Carlos Duclos (knee) back for the Knights' final five contests.

Players in post

Teams in post

Comments

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours
Loading...