Overcast57° WeatherOvercast57° Weather

Five accused in fatal group attack on teen in Ocala

OCALA — Michael Bargo, who allegedly plotted the fatal group attack on a 15-year-old boy, appeared before a judge Thursday in an orange-and-white jail jumpsuit, downtrodden and on the verge of tears.

Bargo, 18, barely opened his swollen eyes and lifted his head only slightly as Marion County Circuit Judge Ritter Hoff-Williams read the charges against him, including first-degree murder, for allegedly leading the attack on Seath Tyler Jackson.

"Potentially, you are facing the death penalty," the judge said.

His reaction was in contrast to his swagger earlier this week, as deputies escorted him to jail before the public learned how Seath was lured to his death.

Bargo and with four others accused of first-degree murder are being held for their alleged roles in carrying out a deadly encounter during which Seath was beaten, shot several times and his body burned to ashes.

James Young Havens III, 37, the stepfather of two of the teen suspects, is accused of acting as an accessory after the fact and has been released on bond.

His stepchildren are Amber Wright, 15, and Kyle Hooper, 16. The other suspects are Charlie Kay Ely, 18, and Justin Soto, 20.

Kyle first told deputies that he saw Bargo shoot Seath. He later admitted that he, his sister and friends had lured Seath to his death, the Sheriff's Office said.

Five accused in fatal group attack on teen in Ocala 04/21/11 [Last modified: Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:39pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...