Clear53° FULL FORECASTClear53° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page
Instagram

Florida man sues ex-Elmo puppeteer, claims abuse

NEW YORK — A Florida man on Tuesday sued a former Elmo puppeteer who resigned amid sex abuse allegations, saying the voice actor met him in New York a dozen years ago after trolling gay telephone chat lines seeking underage boys for sex.

The lawsuit, seeking unspecified damages, was filed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan by a man who remains anonymous, making him the third person to make claims against Kevin Clash, who resigned from Sesame Street last week after 28 years.

According to the latest lawsuit, a 29-year-old man said he met Clash on a chat line when he was 16 and was exploring modeling opportunities in New York. It said the youth, then in high school, specifically stated on the chat line that his intentions were non-sexual. Still, the lawsuit said, Clash pursued, posing as a 30-year-old man whose name was Craig even though he was a decade older.

After speaking by phone for several days, Clash invited the youth to visit his Manhattan apartment, the lawsuit said.

At the apartment, Clash gave the teenager alcohol, and they engaged in sexual contact, the lawsuit said.

Florida man sues ex-Elmo puppeteer, claims abuse 11/27/12 [Last modified: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:41pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

Copyright: For copyright information, please check with the distributor of this item, Associated Press.
    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...