A week after an anti-Muslim extremist killed eight people in a bombing and 69 others in a shooting rampage, Norway began burying the dead on Friday. After a funeral service in the Nesodden church outside the capital, Oslo, Bano Rashid, 18 and a Kurdish Muslim immigrant from Iraq, was the first to be laid to rest since alleged attacker Anders Behring Breivik, 32, bombed the government headquarters in Oslo and then opened fire at a youth camp on July 22. So many roses have been placed at makeshift memorials around Oslo and other Norwegian cities that domestic suppliers cannot keep up with demand, and the government suspended a tax on foreign roses for a week to allow for more imports.
Anders Behring Breivik, pictured at right, was questioned by police Friday for the second time since surrendering to an antiterror squad on the island of Utoya on July 22. He faces a 21-year prison term on possible terrorism charges, the prosecution has said, but could be charged with crimes against humanity, for which the maximum sentence is 30 years. Meanwhile, a weapons supplier in Norway confirmed his company sold a device that enables quick loading of magazines for a rifle and four 30-round clips for a Glock 17 pistol to Breivik, who ordered the equipment online in November and December last year. Flemming Mark Pedersen, owner of Capsicum Solutions AS, said that the purchase was legal and that there was no indication of what Breivik was up to.
Not pictured: Hanna Endresen, 61, and Kai Hauge, 32