Winn-Dixie stores in Riverview and Valrico reopened Thursday after undergoing remodels to make them more appealing to customers.
The makeovers come as the grocery chain’s parent company, Southeastern Grocers, is restructuring its debt after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization last month.
The stores at 10665 Big Bend Road in Riverview and 2535 State Road 60 E. Valrico have been updated to include:
• New signage inside and outside the store, along with a more contemporary color palate.
• Farm-fresh produce department with an expanded selection of fruits and vegetables.
• Expanded grab-and-go meal options, including fresh sub sandwich assortments.
• New smokehouse chicken, ribs, pork and brisket
• Larger variety of gluten free and organic products.
• New bakery selections and display.
• Expanded floral department.
Riverview customers also have a new chicken wing bar, fresh sushi made in store, pharmacy and updated liquor store.