You're reading a new feature that the editors of tampabay.com dreamed up this week. It's an attempt to capture in one spot some of the strangest stories that flowed through our news stream. Got a suggestion for your oddest story? Drop it in the comments below.
1. A 54-year-old Holiday man tried to perform an exorcism on his 80-year-old girlfriend. Many readers seemed divided on what seemed the most disturbing in that sentence.
2. The Bucs aren't going to wear their Creamsicle throwback uniforms this year because the helmets aren't up to current standards. With the way Bucs are being fined for leading with the helmet when they tackle, this is probably a good thing.
3. It wasn't Walt from Breaking Bad, but the guy in the tight white underwear briefs sure got everyone's attention when he tried to steal second base during the Rays game Monday night. He turned out to be a local serial prankster.
4. You've heard of tear-downs, but this might be the ultimate one. Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeff Vinik bought a $4.5 million Sarasota mansion, only to tear it down this week so he could build something new.
5. Coatimundis are for sale now in Apollo Beach. You can also get a black-banded shark for $159.99. And you thought pythons were bad.