1. The Tampa Bay Bucs were trapped in a whirlwind of weirdness this week. After adamantly saying Josh Freeman was their quarterback, they benched him on Wednesday. Then on Thursday they declared they were guaranteeing no TV blackouts by agreeing to pick up the tab for any unsold tickets for the remainder of home games. By Friday, reports were saying Freeman would be inactive for Sunday's game against the Cardinals. So, how about those Rays?
2. Speaking of Rays, did you happen to catch the news about David Price getting his own high-tech gum machine? It was sent by, you guessed it, a gum company.
3. There was an ax-wielding man in St. Petersburg on Monday. It ended badly. For him.
4. The opening of St. Petersburg's Krispy Kreme was pretty standard stuff. But the first guy in line to win a year's worth of doughnuts is a "grand opening aficionado" and has attended 109 Chik-Fil-A openings in 26 states. Maybe he should replace the cows in those commercials.
5. Somewhere in the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean, a guy from St. Petersburg who just happened to have worked on the tall ship Bounty found life jackets from the sunken ship. It does NOT get any weirder than that.