Welcome to another edition of off-the-wall news compiled by the editors of tampabay.com. Just when it seemed like much too normal a week, along came these gems.
1. A Dade City teacher was arrested for throwing stones at a neighbor's house. Apparently, though, there weren't any sticks handy.
2. A Pasco middle-schooler made the honor roll and his mom was upset. Seems the kid had a D on his report card and she thought it sent the wrong message. Pasco school officials agreed and enacted a new policy.
3. A Trinity man has been accused of impersonating a police officer at the Dunkin' Donuts. Because any police officer would risk their job for a doughnut discount by waving a gun around, right?
4. How low can you go? Police are seeking a man who burglarized a Tampa day care center. Hope the take of $30 and a computer was worth the shame you will endure when caught.
5. Technically this happened in an Ohio courtroom, but did you get a look at Bobby Thompson's appearance during the closing days of his trial for fraud? That HAIR! And weirder, his attorneys presented no defense. Nada. Zip. Zero. No wonder the jury had a slam dunk for conviction.