Aarp can make a taxing job easier, for free
Free tax preparation and assistance are available through April 15 for households with low to moderate incomes. All ages are okay, but the emphasis is on those over 60. Taxpayers must bring Social Security cards for all people listed on their tax returns, a picture ID and all pertinent records. Free electronic filing is available at all sites.
• Bank of America — 8181 54th Ave. N.
Hours: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
• St. James United Methodist Church — 845 87th Ave N.
Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday.
• St. Petersburg Main Library — 3745 Ninth Ave. N.
Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday.
Exception: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Wednesdays of Feb. 18, March 18 and April 15.
• Sunshine Center — 330 Fifth St. N.
Hours: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday.
Gulfport and beaches
• Gulf Beaches Public Library — 200 Municipal Drive, Madeira Beach.
Hours: 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
• Gulfport Public Library — 5501 28th Ave. S.
Hours: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday.
• Pinellas Park Public Library — 7770 52nd St. N.
Hours: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday and Thursday, 3:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Seminole Library at St. Petersburg College — 9200 113th St. N.
Hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday.