AARP TAx help available free at several sites
The AARP Tax-Aide program offers free tax service for low- to moderate-income taxpayers. Special attention is given to those older than 60, but clients do not have to be AARP members or even retired. Free one-on-one counseling and assistance on the telephone and Internet are available. Here is a list of North Pinellas County assistance sites.
• St. Cecelia Catholic Church, Colreavy Hall, 820 Jasmine Way, Clearwater. Hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday.
• Top of the World Recreation Center, 2069 World Parkway Blvd., Clearwater. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
• Aging Well Center, 1501 N Belcher Road, Clearwater. Hours are 1 to 5 p.m. Monday and Thursday.
• Dunedin Community Center, 1920 Pinehurst Road, Dunedin. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
• Palm Harbor Community Center, 1500 16th St. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday and Friday.
• St. Mark Village, 2655 Nebraska Ave., Palm Harbor. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, however it is by appointment only at this location.
• Highland Lakes, 3300 McGregor, Palm Harbor. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Safety Harbor Library, 101 Second St. N. Hours are noon to 5 p.m. Monday; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Friday.
• Oldsmar Library, 400 St. Petersburg Drive, Oldsmar. Hours are 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday.
• Tarpon Springs Library, 138 E Lemon St., Tarpon Springs. Hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.
For more information, visit aarp.org and click on the Tax-Aide program link or call (888) 227-7669, 5.
Library seeks teen volunteers
The Palm Harbor Library, 2330 Nebraska Ave., has these volunteer opportunities for teens:
• The Computer Squad helps people using library computers with internet, e-mail, printing or Microsoft Office questions.
• The Youth Department needs assistance with children's programs as well as help assisting individuals looking for materials.
• The Homework Helpers Program helps elementary school students with their math, science, reading and other school subjects.
To participate, ages 14 or older must be between ninth and 12th grades. For more information, call Cecile Creely, (727) 784-3332, ext. 3005 .
Agency offers help with home repairs
Homeowners who live in the unincorporated areas of Pinellas County or the city limits of Clearwater can get assistance making needed repairs to their homes through partnership rehab programs with Clearwater Neighborhood Housing Services. Call the agency at (727) 442-4155.
A detailed list of obituaries is published in Tampa Bay.