AARP offers some free tax prep help
The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program will provide free income tax preparation help to households with low to moderate income, but with an emphasis on people over age 60. Taxpayers must bring Social Security cards for individuals listed on the return, as well as a photo ID and records like a W-2 and form 1099. For information, call (727) 488-2010. Here are the times and locations:
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., March 5 only, St. Cecelia Catholic Church, Colreavy Hall, 820 Jasmine Way, Clearwater
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Top of The World Recreation Center, 2069 World Parkway Blvd., Clearwater.
• Noon to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, Clearwater East Library, 2251 Drew St., Clearwater
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, Dunedin Community Center, 1920 Pinehurst Road, Dunedin.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays, the Centre, 1500 16th St., Palm Harbor.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays (appointment required), St. Mark Village, 2655 Nebraska Ave., Palm Harbor. Call (727) 785-2577, ext. 1743.
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thursdays, Highland Lakes, 3300 McGregor, Palm Harbor.
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays, Safety Harbor Library, 101 Second St N.
• 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays; 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Oldsmar Public Library, 400 St. Petersburg Drive.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays, Tarpon Springs Library, 138 E Lemon St.
Course teaches safe boating
"About Boating Safely," a course offered by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Dunedin Flotilla, will be taught in two sessions from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 9 and 10 at the Coast Guard Auxiliary classroom at Dunedin Marina, 51 Main St., second floor. The class is designed for both experienced and novice boaters and includes instruction in boating emergencies, navigating the waterways, operating your boat safely and legal requirements. Register by Monday to receive course materials prior to the class. Fee is $35, with a $5 discount each for two or more signing up at the same time. Florida Boater Safety Certification cards are given to individuals who successfully complete the course. For more information, call Kristi Mackey at (727) 736-1191, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.